This is the personal and professional blog for Danielle White.
A Pennsylvanian by birth and for most of her life, she now resides in North Carolina and calls the City of Durham home. The two leads in the cast of characters sharing her life are her wonderful wife of twelve years, Angela, who also has a love of IT and motorcycles, and one cat, named Bailey, who is equal parts cute and devious; definitely more Snooch than Ebeneezer.
She has been employed in IT fields since the mid-1990s, primarily working in university environments. A position with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill lead to her moving to the Old North State. In November of 2011 she left UNC, although she still is a part-time student, and accepted a position at SAS. She still speaks only for herself.
In no particular order she self describes as:
- Wife, Aunt, Daughter, and Sister, but definitely not Mother.
- Systems Administrator
- “Ancora Imparo” [translated: I am still learning] – Michelangelo, late in his life.
- “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” —e. e. cummings
- “Be careful whose advice you accept and patient with those whose counsel you seek.”
- “Hope and love are the threads which stitch together the pieces of our broken hearts.”